View Single Post
Old 23-Feb-2018, 5:02 PM   #2
Jake V

Did you try pointing the Mohu Leaf with the flat side to the south-southwest somewhere in the house? If yes, what happened? [I want to make sure you just didn't lay it flat against a window pointing west, and that the window does not have a metal screen or low-e glass to block signals.]

If not, as an experiment, I would find a way to face that antenna to the south-southwest, to 196 degrees with a compass anywhere in the house. Do a scan for channels and see if CBS and Fox are found. If not, and if your television supports manual channel entry, enter the "real channel" numbers for CBS and Fox (28 and 20). Post a list of channels received and those not received (list the information in the first four columns of your TV Fool report for each channel).

My guess at this point is that you would do well with either the Antennas Direct C2V or RCA-751r antennas, provided they are faced south-southwest. Attics are tough places for antennas. You can only try and see what happens. And you might have to try the antenna in multiple places in the attic to find the sweet spot - it may or may not be near the west wall. [If you get an antenna at Walmart you can return it if it doesn't work.]
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote