Thread: new system
View Single Post
Old 31-Jul-2017, 2:06 PM   #1
garycze

new system

Hi from 13315. Going to install OTA system this fall, sat too expensive. Have motorhome with winegard manual batwing and am surprised at reception. have not tried OTA since last system got taken out by ice/snow grabbed guy wire on my 12/12 pitch barn roof install of rotor,preamp, radio shack install 10 years ago. got fair reception then considering it was 250 feet from tip of antenna to direct tv box. My TV is current 2010 visio, direct tv service. Will install new system on top of garage next to house (was not built at time of old antenna install). Ground to top of peak is 20 feet, will add tripod and 5 foot of mast. I wish to get uhf, vhf(if still available) HDTV and FM signals. Would consider second FM antenna on mast if needed and run dual rg6 cable. install location is about 200 feet of cable length from antenna to receiver. Part of it will be in underground conduit from garage to house. Zip code is 13315, street is 255 john hill road. Pretty good in four directions on roof top, better north than south. I do not mind using rotor, satellite will still be main reception use, one main tv, possible 2 secondary locations. I want quality products, do this once, i can install, quality is more important than initial price, as they say "you get what you pay for". Have done lots of searching on line, some sites are like a bad used car dealer in content, others are well above my pay grade in technology. Any suggestions on equipment and or purchase vendors would be appreciated. Thanks for the help, Gary
garycze is offline   Reply With Quote