View Single Post
Old 22-Sep-2015, 2:30 AM   #18
Sorzy

Man I hate it, I truly hate it when I get my post all typed up and post it only to find I've been automatically logged out and lost everything. Because it just happened. And I'm not about to re-type it all again. But I'll re-type the main parts.

How old is your antenna? How old are the cable/s? Splitter/combiner? Are you running cable longer then 100ft'?

Even if a new splitter/combiner, you can get a bad one. Or one that doesn't work 100%.

When was the last time you checked the antenna? Anything broken or missing?

Have you considered seeing how far you are, just asking out of curiosity, how far you are from any of Indiana's broadcasting towers? Odds are, the CBS station/s there, like for me in Milwaukee, is broadcast in UHF?

I don't know if you can or if it's wise to use more then one amp or not. I'll post and let rabbit73 or anyone else let me and you know if it's a good idea or not.

But first let me ask, how many TV's are hooked up to the antenna? I ask because, each TV weakens the signal. Look at it as if it were a stereo. Let's say, for example, you have a 100watt stereo and you have 2 speakers hooked up to it. Each speaker will get 50watts. Hook up 2 more speakers, now each speaker will get 25 watts. Don't know the signal split, but I'm sure it's similar with a TV signal? Again, if I'm wrong, rabbit73 can correct me.

But maybe try a amplified splitter. If you have a UHF/VHF/FM antenna, you'll obviously then need one for that. The one I linked is just an example. But I did also link (2nd one, another, different UHF/VHF amp (didn't check if it's also for FM?)

https://www.antennasdirect.com/store...amplifier.html

https://www.antennasdirect.com/store...e_amp_kit.html

Good luck Sau818. I'll continue to follow your thread and see how things are going and offer help/suggestions when and where I can.

P.S.
Might I also suggest calling Antenna's Direct. The person I spoke with, on several occasions I might add, was very helpful to and for me. Maybe they can help you?