Old 7-Sep-2011, 8:08 PM   #5
Ziffster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Candle View Post
Winegard HD5030 aimed at about 90 degree magnetic compass
AntennaCraft U4000 aimed at about 110 degree magnetic compass
UVSJ UHF/VHF separator joiner
Mount the HD5030 3' below U4000 on the same mast
Thanks! Definately will give it a try - sounds like it might actually work unlike what the local antenna guy tried to sell us.

Unfortunately the only really good local guy around here worth his salt sold his business a year ago and the person who has taken over was trying to sell me a pair of ClearStream C4 aimed in different directions claiming they would work. I forgot to mention that his solution also included as third antenna to pick up FM.

I like your solution much better since would have only one feed rather than 3.

Currently have a two tuner HTPC driving a large screen projector so would be really nice to have all the channels to both tuners. Currently stream media to everywhere else in the house rather than having local tuners.

Nice to also have FM so would be looking to connect up three 'tuners' - two HDTV and one FM tuner.

Should I consider an amp? Had tried hooking up the three together before to the old single antenna and had ok success with a two way but change that to a three way splitter and lose about half the stations. Cable run is about 50' from antenna to basement, then a further 100' from the entry in the basement to where the TV is located.

Are any 3-way splitters better than any others?

Thanks!

Last edited by Ziffster; 7-Sep-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Ziffster is offline   Reply With Quote