View Single Post
Old 7-Mar-2019, 12:41 AM   #11
scott784

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAFAN View Post
Here in SOCAL LA/OC Repack channel changes have increased signal strength and viewing quality, at least at my locale.

PBS SoCal, KLCS, and METV(now in improved HD720p), are all above 30db SNR on my Samsung signal meter. Previously these channels were around mid to upper 20s. All this was verified at rabbitears.info on the Longley-Rice coverage maps.

April 12 is going to be another big day in phase 2 of Repack here. About a half a dozen channels will change stations, so hopeful at least a couple of my favorites will carry forward increased signal strength and quality. Fingers crossed.....
As crowded as the airwaves must be in your locale in the SOCAL LA area, that sounds really good with the repacks reaching at or above 30db SNR on your signal meter....especially with some channels only being in the mid 20s before. I hope phase 2 goes well for you.

I did go back and run the coverage maps for my location on rabbitears.info. This time I viewed the maps in the Longley-Rice format. The Longley-Rice view provides a better perspective, allowing viewers to zoom in on a given area. Given what I've seen on these colorful maps, fingers crossed here as well for increased signal strength.
scott784 is offline   Reply With Quote