View Single Post
Old 5-Jul-2017, 1:21 PM   #11
jrgagne99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcarpino View Post
After taking another look at the tvfool report, it looks like I might be able to receive CBS, NBC and FOX pointing the UHF antenna JoeAZ suggested. By directing both panels to 50 deg would hopefully have the most gain. If it works, I'll try adding a VHF antenna to get ABC pointing at 107 deg. I plan to get the MCM 30-2430 antenna first and if this fails I guess I have to forget OTA tv. If it works, the next step is to add a VHF antenna with a combiner/amplifier which bring up the next question. Is a separate combiner amplifier better than an all-in-one like the Channel Master 7777. I would like to purchase/install the MCM 30-2430 and combiner/amplifier in preparation to adding the VHF antenna. Any suggestions regarding what devices I should consider to combine/amplify these weak (or non existent) signals.
I have a similar situation. See "Reception Help in NH" thread. I would try the cheap UHF antennas first as others suggest. Not jump straight to the DB8e. Try either the MCM30-2430 8-bay or the 30-2370 yagi. Both of these are also sold by Solid Signal under different names (HDB8X and HDB91X). I have had reasonable deep fringe performance from both of these. I would also recommend the RCA TVPRAMP1R, which I have had good luck with. (buy from walmart.com, not amazon, due to high failure rates from amazon). It has separate UHF and VHF inputs, so when you add your VHF yagi (I recommend the MCM-30-2476), you will be ready to go. NM of -3 is tough, but not impossible, and you will likely need to "walk the roof" to find the hot-spot(s). In my situation, mere inches actually matter. Hopefully you can find a hot-spot that satisfies all four major networks.

You also might want to check rabbitears.com. They list all of the subchannels for each channel. Sometimes major networks are actually on subchannels.
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote