View Single Post
Old 28-Nov-2014, 3:18 PM   #10
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

The color ratings guide is in CEA2028 which can be purchased for around $50-60. I bought a copy on Techstreet a while back.

The color coding system is extraordinarily conservative (and of coarse resolution) in it's signal calculations and antenna recommendations. That your antenna has picked up "blue" classification signals is more a comment on the lack of precision of the color coding system rather than any special attributes of your antenna design. I've used a simple loop and rabbit ears without an amp in some "purple" locations, but then, I've got the advantage of experience and some special toys that help me.

CEA2028 uses the combination of gain, beam-width, and F/B ratio to classify the antennas. The only acceptable method of quantification of these attributes is via measurements at an antenna test range operating to IEEE parameters or in a GTEM test cell with measurements on the channels that CEA2028 prescribes and for which qualification is desired.

Cheers!

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote