View Single Post
Old 21-Jun-2012, 6:11 PM   #7
LD3141

Follow Up:
Yesterday I build another 4 bay cat wisker type antenna based on ADTech's suggestion. Thanks by the way. I made this one a 9.5 inch on 9 inch centers. Surprisingly it was not quite as good as the 7 inch. Then I build a Gray Hoverman and it was not as good as the first two. BTW here is a great site if you want to build one: http://www.diytvantennas.com/sbgh.html I do not think it will work as a link so you might have to copy it to your browser. In all cases I did not use a reflector. I tried to today on the 7 inch and had the worst results so far. I think the problem is that my signals are just about exactly 90° apart. Today we will try a reflector and twisting the antenna using the SBGH. By the way the coolest part about all of this, other than free TV is that I am working with my daughters ages 8 and 11. They love building the stuff and are learning all about physics in a fun practical way. And so far it has only cost me $8 for two 300 ohm signal transformers. Thanks for the help and suggestions, keep them coming.
LD3141 is offline   Reply With Quote