View Single Post
Old 14-Nov-2015, 4:36 PM   #1
DTX_Mav

Help Request - Getting Network Channels in Irving, TX

Hello to all! I recently moved to Irving, TX, and I'm trying to pick up network channels over the air. Here are the channels in which I'm most interested:
  • KDFW (ch. 4.1)
  • KXAS-DT (ch. 5.1)
  • WFAA (ch. 8.1)
  • KTVT (ch. 11.1)

I have an Amazon indoor antenna (something like this) that I hooked up to the TV, and a scan turns up most of the stations. I consistently get 4.1 and 11.1, and I sometimes get 8.1. The signal is okay but not great. I haven't gotten 5.1 in any of my tries.

Here's a signal analysis that I ran for my location. If I'm interpreting the output correctly, it seems that the channels have similar geographic distance, signal strength, and even compass direction, so I'm interested to know why some of them appear stronger than others and particularly why channel 5.1 is absent altogether.

I also have an old outdoor antenna (looks similar to this) from a previous residence that I can mount on the side of the house or, somewhat less conveniently, in the attic. Purchasing a new antenna would also be an option.

Can anybody offer some advice on what I could try with existing equipment and what I might look at as a next step? Please let me know if more info is needed. I appreciate the help!
DTX_Mav is offline   Reply With Quote