View Single Post
Old 27-Mar-2011, 1:45 PM   #25
suzanrush

Agreed Scotty & Grounded

PBS is going away in 2013 but the other OTA commercial-filled channels will not. My representative sent me a letter to this fact. Maybe I misunderstood the meaning; I'd be happy to send it to you if you'd like to read it for his meaning.

It's bad news for me because PBS makes up more than 1/2 of the free ota hd/dtv channels that I currently receive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott784 View Post
Yes, everyone should consider the type of antenna first. Otherwise, it's like putting the cart before the horse.

As for OTA going away, I agree it won't happen, at least in the short term. However, broadcasters are being forced to rethink their business models.

Everyone needs to realize the importance of OTA television. Even if a viewer chooses to watch cable or satellite, it must be recognized that OTA provides at least some checks on the ever rising prices of paid television.

Consider this thought. If OTA television were to be eliminated in the future, paid/subscribed viewers would be that much more vulnerable to price increases from their cable or satellite providers. That scenario is one that I highly doubt the vast majority have considered or thought about.

Simply put, OTA broadcasting benefits everyone whether an individual uses a paid service or not.
suzanrush is offline   Reply With Quote