View Single Post
Old 19-Mar-2023, 1:32 AM   #6
Dagwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAFAN View Post
Hi Dagwood:

Looks like we're here together in real time! That doesn't often happen.

From what I've read here on the forum and in my experience, the Channel Master Amp should serve you well. They also have good customer support if you need it.

There is another line of Amps you might want to consider. Televes is probably the leader in OTA TV technology today and their products have received excellent reviews across the Net. I have spoken to their domestic office back in the midwest, and they were quite helpful with my query. The advantage of a Televes Amp is that if for some reason it was to loose power, it has a bypass so that you can still receive signals with you antenna! Here's a link:

https://www.televes.com/us/tv-distri...er-supply.html

As I mentioned in my previous post, Kitz Amps have received rave reviews here on TV Fool. You can do a search and see for yourself. I have not used their amps myself, but others swear by them.

Anyway, good to chat with you. Please update the forum with your progress. I'm sure it would be helpful to others. We know there are still many reading the posts here on TV Fool. Now if we can just get them to start posting again.....

All the best.....
Hey OT! I remember another guy that helped me out here, "Arizona Joe" or something. I searched the members section and I think this is him, JoeAZ. If that's him, he hasn't been here since September 2021. Is this the same guy? Do you know if he's okay? Having not been here in a few years, I thought this place would be hopping, as it seems OTA is becoming a thing. Is there no one left but lurkers?

People a lot younger than me are just learning about free TV apparently, lol. I was fishing around the other day before I came here, and some site was explaining about OTA like it was some new phenomenon.

I remember when there were only two channels in Rochester, CBS and NBC, all OTA, no cable. I believe ABC came in around 1960 or so. Rabbit ears, B&W only, then horrible "color," ghosting, vertical and horizontal scrolling, no remotes -- wow I don't miss any of that.

I looked at your link, there were no prices there. I don't know what's up with that, but I'll probably order the Channel Master tomorrow.

Thanks!