View Single Post
Old 13-Mar-2023, 12:10 AM   #1
Dagwood

Sudden reception problem . . .

Hi all, I hope you are all doing good. I haven't posted here in a couple years or so, because everything has been working fine. Til last week.

I'm about 30 miles south of the transmitters on Pinnacle Hill, coming from the Rochester stations. I get CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, and FOX (during the winter).

PBS has always been the most powerful signal, but about a week ago it was dead. Completely dead. A day or two goes by, same thing. Occasionally I would get a badly pixelated picture that would go in and out, but nine out of ten times there would be no signal at all. FOX would not come in at all either.

So I called WXXI, the local PBS network, this past Thursday. The guy I talked to didn't know anything about reduced power, bad antenna, or any ongoing maintenance. And tonight, it's still dead.

Something happened but I don't know what, nor where to start looking. Both of my TVs have the identical problem. They are Vizio TVs, and when I check the "Signal Quality" for PBS it is, of course, zero.

In the past, somebody here has found things out about one of the Rochester stations that were having broadcast problems, but I don't remember who it was or how they found out.

Help?