View Single Post
Old 11-Nov-2015, 11:21 PM   #37
Irata

I finally got a different antenna up. Decided to see if the bowtie style db8e worked well. Had someone do the install as I discovered I was uncomfortable standing on a roof. One panel is facing Indy, the other Louisville.

Using the Tivo, the signal was a bit improved on all the stations I usually got from what I remember. Should have done a test before starting.

The installer added a FM trap. I now pick up 11 out of Louisville. Strength shows 42 but it stays very consistent.

Channels 6 and 59 from Indy are more consistent during the afternoon test but the picture stills drops a little. Signal meter shows fluctuating from 40-49.

He recommended getting a better preamp. He thought he had one with him but he didn't.

I also have a ClearStream 5 that we didn't set up. He felt splitting the signal more may have more negative effect on what I do get for any gains on the VHF channels I'm not getting.

Would this antenna still pick up signal from the backside if both sides were facing the same direction?

Last edited by Irata; 11-Nov-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Irata is offline   Reply With Quote