View Single Post
Old 6-Jan-2012, 3:18 PM   #1
lkruper

Coorelate performance to TV Fool Analysis?

I have a general question regarding how to interpret TV Fool and make predictions. In looking at the explanations as to what stations are categorized as working with indoor, attic or roof-top antennas it looks like there is a 20db difference between each level. Does this mean that a rule of thumb is that the attic cuts the signal by 20db and that indoors another 20db? I realize that the materials in the house have much to do with this, however, can I quantify this by correlating the signal I have measured at my TV set with this setup?

For example channel 7.1 at real channel 7 is predicted at a NM of 35.8 with power of -55.1 and I measure up to 95% on the signal bar of my Sony TV with an antenna in the attic. There are other diagnostics on the TV but I don't remember what they are. Virtual channel 5.1 at real 31 has NM of 26.8 dB and Pwr of -64.0 and I get 10% signal on the TV. Channel 28.8 (Real 28) has a NM of 16.9 and Pwr of -74.0 and it is very intermittent. Can this data quantify the losses in my system? For example, can I assume that the data for channel 28 quantifies my loss at about 16.9 dB?
lkruper is offline   Reply With Quote