View Single Post
Old 12-Apr-2014, 9:19 PM   #1
Lewis

Middle of Nowhere West TN

Here is my TV Fool map http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b9444ea96b18a I am basically located in the center of the three larger TV markets of Memphis, TN, Nashville, TN & Paducah, KY thus from here at my location the station transmitter towers in those areas usually range from 80-100 miles away. I currently am able to receive on a 24 hour , 7 day a week basis the local stations WBBJ (19 miles) , WLJT(14 miles) , WJKT (31 miles) , WUWT (46 miles), WKMU (54 miles) & an analog channel unlisted on the page, 24 WQTV (46 miles). The local WJTD channel listed does not exist here. Anyway, in past half year OTA TV DX'ing & viewing I have seen the vast majority of channels listed on this page plus some more on out to 250 miles at some time or another when I get a little help from the atmospheric "skip" but as we know that is inconsistent. What I am really after are these larger stations in the 80-100 mile out range on a consistent basis which still will only come in with a little help from the atmosphere. In my location relative to the surrounding terrain I am pretty much in the higher portion of the county @ 500 ft. above sea level & other than saying I have an unobstructed view 360 degrees & can turn any direction with the rotor, (a few treetops are in my line of sight here & there but nothing much within 100 yards). I am using a 27 ft. 2" OD antenna mast AGL , a 50 ft. run of RG-6 connecting the Sanyo TV w/o a signal strength meter , to a RCA TVPRAMP1R pre-amp (with the FM trap turned on) & from there out of the "combined vhf/uhf input" another 5 ft. run of RG-6 connected to a HDB8X (both sides of the antenna are aimed parallel). I do know is not designed to pick up the low vhf anyway but any suggestions to improve upon this rig or something to check/add without spending a fortune would be greatly appreciated.
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote