View Single Post
Old 30-Jul-2011, 6:00 AM   #12
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide1 View Post

From what you see on my TV Fool listing do you think I have a shot at all with getting a reliable signal from WDBB and WCFT with the DB8?

...The reason I am wanting to get the antenna set up is because of when there is heavy rain the Dish Network Signal goes kaput and therefore no local channels. This is a concern in times of severe weather. If I can at the least receive WCFT OTA then one of their subchannels is a radar and the weather guy breaks in and stays live on that channel in times of severe weather in the Birmingham Market area. We had a bad experience in April this year with tornadoes all around and basically had nothing but a weather radio which seems too slow.
The DB-8 should be able add at least 10 dB (conservative) to the NM figures on your report. Then the preamp will cost you a couple of dB of NM, but it's needed to overcome loss in the coax. Net NM values in the double digit range will usually provide reliable reception (with a good tuner). So - yes, I think the DB-8 facing 146° should magnetic should deliver WDBB and WCFT.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 30-Jul-2011 at 6:04 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote