View Single Post
Old 19-Jan-2017, 9:08 AM   #1
johnodon

Need Help: UHF Signals dropped

Hi all. I am in need of some assistance.

Updated TVfool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e6a4280acc5946

I have yet to go up into the attic to refresh my memory but I will try and describe my current setup...

I have two antennas pointing at the same towers in Philly. One is a CS600 for pulling the VHF channels and a DB4E for my UHF needs. These are then combined into a RCATVPRAMP1R . This is run outside, down to the basement, and connected to a distribution amp.

This setup has worked perfectly for about 2 years. I was getting mid 80% on my lo-VHF channels and 95%-100% on most of the Hi-VHF and UHF channels (at least the ones I watch consistently). However, about 6 months ago things started to go wonky. I have comepletely lost the 17s (RC17). I cannot get any UHF channels to get a signal better than 85% (typical is ~65% now) when most used to be ~100%.

Like I said, I haven't gone up in the attic yet but what do you think the cause could be? Introduction of some new interference (maybe a new FM station)? My DB4E fell/moved? The RCATVPRAMP1R is experiencing a failure?

My first plan of attack (other than checking the state of the antennas) will be to disconnect the main lead from the TVPRAMP1Z and attach directly to the DB4 to see what that does for the UHF channels. Any other suggestions?

TIA!

John

Last edited by johnodon; 19-Jan-2017 at 9:16 AM.
johnodon is offline   Reply With Quote