View Single Post
Old 15-Apr-2012, 4:27 PM   #1
backtrack9

Is it my TV Internal Digital Tuner or Antenna Reception?

I need some help diagnosing whether I have an issue with my TV's internal digital tuner or with my antenna setup. I am having an issue with a specific channel, Channel 29.1 here in San Antonio (http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...3616d409f26954). The problem is a loss of signal only experienced when cycling the channel (either up or down) from 29.1. While watching this channel I receive a solid constant signal of 26db (as shown on the TV's strength meter) without fluctuation or drop-out. If I switch channels, say down to 12.1, and then back to 29.1 the signal drops to 0db. If I repeat the channel cycling a few times the signal for 29.1 magically jumps back to 26db. This issue only started a few days ago. For the past 11 months I have had this TV unit (Samsung Plasma PN59D6500) and antenna setup (attic mounted, non-amplified, homemade DB4) all of the signals have been >24db without any fluctuation. I am worried it is an issue with the internal digital tuner in my TV set. I called Samsung and spoke with the manager of the service department who insisted it is an issue with my antenna setup and not a problem with the TV (seemed like a standard pass-the-buck answer to me). I disagreed since the signal is lost only upon cycling the channel. He was not willing to address this as a warranty issue. My factory 12 month warranty on my TV set expires in two weeks and I need to get this diagnosed quick. Have other people had similar experiences when changing channels or is my TV's internal digital tuner messed up? Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.
backtrack9 is offline   Reply With Quote