View Single Post
Old 30-Nov-2015, 11:13 PM   #8
mikecandu

Hi,

Thanks for all the great information. Right now my setup is an 8 bay DB8E from Antenna's Direct mounted on a J pole on my chimney with a rotor for directional control. I have a Kitz Technology KT-200 pre-amp and a Homerun HD digital tuner.

My original plan was to face half the DB8E towards Toronto and the other half towards Buffalo. The Toronto portion worked great but there wasn't enough gain for the weaker Buffalo stations (plus Buffalo stations transmit from multiple locations) so I ended up using the DB8E as a conventional 8 bay with a rotor for directional control. One of the online techs from Antennas Direct recommended the 91XG when I was first planning my setup but it was a bit too big for mounting on a chimney and I wanted to avoid the complexity of a rotor. In hindsight that might have been a better choice for my situation.

Regarding FOX 29 in Buffalo ..well I might just throw in the towel on that one. I can get most of Fox's programming on the Canadian feeds and the stuff I can't get like NASCAR doesn't really interest me that much anyways.

I will try to e-mail the tinlee.com site to see if they have a single channel notch filter (I've also seen them called single channel UHF trap) but I'm skeptical that I'll be able to find something in the price range I'd be willing to pay.

Thanks for the advice and information.

Mike
mikecandu is offline   Reply With Quote