Thread: Leslie, AR
View Single Post
Old 2-Apr-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
mdoverstreet

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

He used to get KARK surprisingly very clear and that was with the old, poor-condition antenna. Then the ice storm of a couple years ago really took it's toll on the antenna. It's about 20 years old or better. He can get KOLR somewhat and has to turn the antenna a little bit to get KYTV. I guess a new antenna would help a whole lot. I know he's getting tired of PBS out of Mtn. View, AR. A little PBS goes a long way! LOL!

I was wanting an A-B switch for the antennas. Obviously, one will be pointed toward Springfield, but where should the other one be pointed? I was thinking Fayetteville or Jonesboro. I guess pointing toward Little Rock would be a lost cause. Also, would the HD1850 be a better choice than the HBU55 or would it be about the same?

As far as the amp goes, I've got a Winegard AP-8275. Would that one be any good for my uncle? Of those that you mentioned, which would you most likely use?

A cable company here was going to give me a 30 ft tower that they weren't going to use anymore because they were going to tie in a smaller town with a bigger one, but I haven't heard anymore about it. Guess I should ask.

How does the very small, crappy cable company in Marshall, 8 miles north of Leslie receive Little Rock? Do they use a really tall tower or what? They receive 4, 7, 11, 16 and 38. I've often wondered that since I was little. Sometimes they switch Fox 16 for Fox 28 in Springfield. Guess they can't make up their mind. It's been on 16 for a while now though.

Seeing as a lot of people in that part of the Ozarks can't get Little Rock, why don't the stations have repeaters up there? Or would that help? Haven't I read about repeaters, or is that something I just dreamed of? Do they not want to deal with them so they "gave" the people up there to the Springfield markets?

Also, I have my own troubles. I'm in Maumelle, just outside of Little Rock. I've got a ChannelMaster 4221 HD pointed at Shinall Mountain (Where all the towers are). All channels come in, but some of the time 11 drops out and comes back just as quick, 20 freezes a lot, 25 is the same way, 27 might as well forget about, 38 freezes quite a bit and 42 most of the time is very strong. Other times its about as poor a signal as one can get. Channels 2, 4, 7, 16 and 36 are good strong signals. I tried an amp but couldn't tell any difference. Should I be looking at a different antenna? Just out of curiousity, how would a HBU55 work here? As far as analog goes, there is one channel that I know of. It's channel 9 and it's a terrible signal. What should I do?
Here's my information. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...b7c861a686e367

Thanks again for the answers! I'm sure I'll have more questions. Until then, I'll just sit back and read and study the other posts.

Last edited by mdoverstreet; 2-Apr-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added URL
mdoverstreet is offline   Reply With Quote