View Single Post
Old 6-Feb-2012, 6:50 PM   #1
oakleyhoma

What type do I need?

My TV signal analysis result: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0b862fdf1c93ff
I'm new to digital antenna reception and to antennas in general - have been learning "just barely enough to be dangerous". Thought it was time to ask for some guidance before going any further. I'm about 15 miles north of Asheville, western NC in the clear (ridgetop in old pasture) with no immediate obstructions but ... there are mountains here. Wood frame, asphalt roof. Underground utilities. I know I'm LOS to Mt. Pisgah (WLOS-ABC). My goal is to get a good stable connection for PBS, ABC, NBC?, FOX?, CBS?. If one or another weren't possible that would be fine, but I'd like good, stable reception for 4 of those 5. I suspect an attic or roof mount would be required. I need to run to HDTV on first floor and also to one in my basement. If it's advisable, I'd like to split the signal from the antenna to each of the TVs. My analysis was for 35 feet (assumes rooftop antenna) but it would be better if I could stay at about 22 feet above ground level. The runs to TV's: 62 feet to first floor TV (could shorten that by about 20 feet, need to check with my wife though!). To basement TV maybe 42 feet. What type/model and amplification might I need, assuming a split to both TVs (due to my construction, the split would need to occur between 0-20 feet from base of antenna, best to split close to the antenna, right?). How likely that an attic antenna might work well? (we get occasional strong winds on this ridgetop, full force). I'll stop there.
oakleyhoma is offline   Reply With Quote