View Single Post
Old 28-Jun-2012, 7:15 PM   #19
pointer

Wow! That's a lot to digest. Let me simplify by listing the few channels I want:
2.1 KCBS
4.1 KNBC
5.1 KTLA
7.1 KABC
9.1 KCAL
11.1 KTTV
13.1 KCOP
28.1 KCET
34.1 KMEX
50.1 KOCE
52.1 KVEA
56.1 KDOC
58.1 KLCS
not channels 3,6,8,10,12.
no analog stations.

I don't think any of these are in the low VHF band. Correct?

Perhaps these are closer together than the comprehensive lists in the replies above. I don't have a map of transmitter locations for determining the angles. Is there a website?

In the Predicted Channel Availability (Current) chart, all are in the green except KLCS, which is in the yellow. However, KLCS is one that I really want.
Oddly, my wife's favorite 34.1 is very weak (maybe due to terrain?), even though it's listed high up in the green.

Indeed, many of these stations provide abundant signal, but some don't. KLCS is, of course, the weakest. It barely shows up when I take a TV and converter up on the roof with only about 15 feet of cable from antenna straight to converter. It has no hope of reaching through the 4 way divider and 75 to 100 ft of RG6 coax into the house without an amplifier.

The AP4700 amplifier has an FM trap in it, and it's turned on. Nevertheless, I added the Radio Shack FM trap. I can't find any insertion loss spec for it, but 34.1 comes and goes more frequently now.

Thanks for all your interest.
pointer is offline   Reply With Quote