View Single Post
Old 16-Sep-2014, 12:59 PM   #18
OIIIOThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
No, just pretend it's a set of airplane wings and you're in a 45° bank for a turn.

Okay, really need to answer the question about trees or other obstacles as well as the rest of them. I've learned the hard way that trees in front of a UHF signal will drive you crazy, regardless of how close one might be to start with.
Yes, we have trees. Lots and lots of trees...in close proximity to the house, in the LOS of the majority of the signals. Which brings me back to my original post. My confusion is why does everything else come in except this station; even other "low powered" signals in totally different directions come in. It seems the trees would keep other signals from coming in too. We live near the water so things are generally flat here.

I completely agree, something doesn't add up. From what I've gathered, I need a higher gain antenna to pull in this lower powered station. Is that the bottom line? What type provides the greatest gain? My goal is the green stations, anything above that is icing on the cake.

Thanks again all.
OIIIOThing is offline   Reply With Quote