View Single Post
Old 9-Dec-2012, 6:26 PM   #1
b2471041

Antenna choice help inner sunset San Francisco

I tried a pre amp omnidirectional antenna on the roof and did not get any better results than an indoor antenna near the TV on the ground floor ( about 30 channels). The experiment in various places did show probably the better placements for where a good antenna should go on the roof.

TV fool analysis:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...cc49ec131a62a7

Probable setup ~150 ft RG-6 coaxial cable, 3 TV’s and a lead to a forth location, 3 splitters. Roof is 30 feet up, but I am on the north side of a small mountain. Since I am running the coaxial it will run to some rooms that will not have a TV part of it will tie in to already cable coaxial where it easy to switch. I get cable internet so I can't switch the whole system.

I would like to and haven’t been able to get yet is NBC KNTV which is high on the VHF HI spectrum. It broadcasts off of San Bruno mountain which is south of me and there is no line of sight with at least one hill in the way which I am on the side of. It is only a little over 5 miles away. I think, part of the problem is I am close to and can see the Sutro towers which are blasting FM signals.

I will take any advice.

Mark
b2471041 is offline   Reply With Quote