View Single Post
Old 6-Jan-2010, 6:48 PM   #3
fishguy

It is a large roof antenna with 6-8 foot horizontal length. The elements have a series of long lengths on the main piece and two sets that angle slightly upward and downward on what I will call the tail end. For this type of antenna, I have never been sure what end to point toward the transmitters for digital reception. I have tried both ends and it doesn't seem to matter, either end will still loose the signal!
I think I have the RG6 cable. I am splitting the signal to three tv's. I am confident that the antenna is not moving, it just looses the signal strength on these channels to the NE 50-65 miles out.
The connectors appear to be fine for protection to the elements. The only exposed ones are the screws that connect right to the antenna itself.
One thing I forgot to mention was I have a large wind tower field between me and the transmitter towers. Before digital conversion (analog), I heard people were having reception issues closer to the field. Would these electricity generating towers create the inconsistancy in the digital signal as well? I never had signal problems with the analog broadcasts. The tower field lays 15 miles NE of my location.

Thanks!
fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote