View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2016, 12:44 PM   #9
Maykinit

RE: Ground

Rabbit... thanks so much. My antenna arrives today. Amazon prime is amazing! So another install question. Not to beat this to death but... I will be coming down the mast with my coax and taking the most direct route I can to the main television in the house and into my new Tivo OTA. Another ground question if you don't mind and if you've already covered it, please forgive me. I will use a grounding block on the coax and run the ground to the house ground which is approximately 100 feet away. The question I am left with is grounding the mast itself. I'm trying to understand why the code calls out the need for a second ground wire run. Why can't the same wire be used to ground both the mast and the coax? The cheapest solid core wire I've found is non insulated. My first choice would be to run both wires the same path to the house ground. And having said that I find myself wondering if they are not insulated why the need for the second run at all when they would be in contact with each other were I to run two wires. Help me understand please? As an aside, on my way to work this morning I found myself looking for antennas on house roofs and even when looking for them found none! If only more people knew what they were missing. Having said that I know I am fortunate to have the line of sight that I do.
Maykinit is offline   Reply With Quote