View Single Post
Old 2-Sep-2011, 7:45 PM   #25
Rich

Decision Time

Ok, based on what I have heard here and what I have learned from reading the suggested links, here is my plan.

Today i am going to Sams and buying a new Vizio 22 inch digital TV ready for internet: $239. The size is right and being internet ready eliminates the need for a Roku box. In the end it will cost about the same as a new non-internet TV and a Roku. I will hook it up to the Leaf antenna (have not returned it yet but time is running out). When that does not work (gotta try, I'm awfully damn curious), I will return the antenna and order the Winegard HD-7696P reccomended here. (BTW, Winegard reccomended the same thing when I gave them my situation).

Once the Winegard arrives, I will try it in the lower attic and see how it goes; then the upper attic just to compare, and then, if necessary, maybe standing on the roof just for kicks. Yes, this will be a long term project I can see already. Assuming that one of those locations works, I will install it and then get busy with a Roku box and converter for our main TV. We are looking at a 52 inch TV for that room so, right now, too expensive to replace.

Thanks again everybody for all of your help. I will post updates as we move thorugh this transition.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote