View Single Post
Old 15-May-2014, 8:05 PM   #3
WeAreNotAlone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
I'd want to receive WUOA for it's 720P (HD) feed of 'This TV'. That will require an antenna with L-VHF capability. Consider the Winegard HD7084P.
(Screenshot of station line-up attached-pulled off the Winegard site in case it helps)

Thanks for mentioning WUOA on L-VHF (Channel 6).

That complicates things as I would imagine they would enjoy some of the programing.
This Tv (6) L-VHF

Channels that are also needed:
MeTv (13.2)
PBS= Dad likes WWII stuff (10.1, 10.2, 10.3)

Assuming they didn't care about L-VHF, what are some other options than the HD7048P?

I doubt I could find a place in the attic big enough for the HD7048P. Would the Winegard-HD7694P or RCA ANT751 be anywhere close to a workable solution?

(Find it disingenuous that it is listed on Amazon the HD7694P has a range of 50 miles and when you go to Winegard site says much less. 35 and 25)

If a BIG antenna is needed, how about the Winegard-HD8200U-Platinum-VHF-Antenna?

http://www.amazon.com/Winegard-HD820.../dp/B001DFS4BI

I would prefer using the J-Pole mounted on the NE corner of the porch or maybe doing a attic mount. I think there is a second attic towards the top of peak of the roof for a smaller antenna.

One thing I'm dealing with is I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible for them as stepmother is fighting me even getting the OTA up and running. She's the type to say NO (repeatedly- without even having the facts), and you have to drag her along... In the end she "loves" whatever it is she said NO to at the beginning.

With that said, I'm trying to avoid having to get up on the roof, but realize the best place is outside.

Oh, What are your feelings towards the best mount to use if roof mounting, and if that isn't possible what are the best bang for the buck antenna masts to get that antenna up to about 40ft?

Attached Images
File Type: png Dad_Winegard site.PNG (10.2 KB, 551 views)

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 20-May-2014 at 8:10 PM.
WeAreNotAlone is offline   Reply With Quote