View Single Post
Old 31-Jul-2020, 3:57 PM   #8
johnodon

For anyone following this thread, I decided to email PCT for advice. They were quick to respond.

My email...

Quote:
Hello.

I am hoping that you can help me with introducing Moca technology into my current setup.

Today, I have the following:

Digital Antenna —> PCT-MA2-8P —> Coax endpoints in the house (no splitters).

I would like to add a pair of Moca v2.5 adapters so I can bring ethernet-over-coax to a room that does not have an ethernet drop, without impacting over-the-air reception via the coax drop in that room.

Will the current PCT-MA2-8P work for my needs, or, do I need to replace it with an amplifier that will not interfere with Moca frequencies? I need to keep a distribution amp in the mix as signal quality drops ~30% on some off my runs if I don’t use one.

FYI…I do not have cable TV or internet. I have FiOS which is distributed in the house over ethernet so the coax infrastructure does not come into play.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

John
PCT's response...

Quote:
Hi John,

Thank you for contacting PCT. You should be able to add the MoCA 2.5 adapters to the PCTMA28P without any issues. My only recommendation is to make sure that the MoCA adapters are on adjacent ports, either the top two on the left, top two on the right, bottom two on the left, or bottom two on the right. This will minimize internal splitter loss in the MoCA frequency range. As long as your cable lengths to each MoCA 2.5 adapter are under 100' from adapter, thru the amplifier, and to the second adapter, you should have plenty of signal for MoCA to work.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Doug MacLeod
Product Manager
Director of Technical Services
PCT International, Inc.
johnodon is offline   Reply With Quote