View Single Post
Old 27-May-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
Electron

ALL Questions and Information - Broadcast Tv Reception and More

This recommendation is based on tvfool radar plot of Current Plus Pending Applications Included Digital Tv Channels.

The ANT751 is not a very directional antenna and that is good for your reception situation.

Install a ANT751 antenna above the roof aimed at about 354 degrees magnetic compass reading. ION Television WPXA is the weak channel at 354 degree magnetic compass reading.
The ANT751 does have some forward gain for better reception of ION if aimed at ION.

And the ANT751 will also receive the Strong Stations at about 110 degree through the back angle of ANT751 when aimed at ION.

You can also aim the ANT751 at about 110 degree (the strong stations) and I suspect that ION will still be received.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Your reception location has Strong signal strength WGCL-DT 19 CBS and Weak signal strength WPXA-DT 51 ION , If I understand correctly about where you will like to mount the antenna this complicates the matter of the amplifier and the coax wiring and the ground wire from the antenna.

In and of it's self , having the antenna on the outside of the house where there is a vaulted ceiling is 100% Ok.

Read on.

In my mind I see a single level Long house with the garage on one end and vault roof on the other end.

Before I recommend a amplifier. I will like to be clear about where you are saying you will , like to mount the Tv antenna. You are saying that you will like to mount the antenna on the outside of the house above the roof (thats the best place) , however you say you will like to mount the antenna on the outside where there is vaulted ceiling and the longest distance possible from where the coax goes into the house and the longest distance possible from where there is any easy to get to electric power. Correct?? , and if so , Why?? , is it because of trees that will be blocking reception if the antenna is at another location?? Why??

Last edited by Electron; 27-May-2012 at 5:33 PM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote