View Single Post
Old 9-May-2013, 6:03 AM   #5
GroundUrMast

Quote:
I am in one of the highest points of my city but I do have some big oak trees right next door that I cannot get above at all. Don't know how much they are affecting my signal but thought I should put it out there for you.
I suspect the oak trees will be a constant source of signal quality problems. Getting over or around those trees would be the single most productive improvement in your situation.

You have some strong local signals so you'll want a preamp that can tolerate high input levels. The Winegard HDP-269 and Antennacraft 10G201 & 10G221 come to mind.

FWIW: Historically, I don't recommend the HD-Stacker, not because it's good bad or indifferent... But because it's an unknown quantity. Denny only offers anecdotal comparisons to generally dissimilar antennas. I prefer to recommend antennas that have published performance specifications. Having said that, my guess is that the 'Stacker' performs somewhat like a Winegard HD7694P. If I was trying for the distant group of signal to the east, I would go big... A Winegard HD7698P or large separate UHF and H-VHF antennas. I would also be considering a tower that would get me above all obstructions in the neighborhood.

http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=13090

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 9-May-2013 at 6:08 AM. Reason: Link to splitter thread
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote