View Single Post
Old 19-Mar-2023, 7:27 AM   #7
OTAFAN

Hey Again Dagwood!

Yeah, I've posted with JoeAZ a few times and always read his posts because they were helpful. But you're right, he seems to have left the forum as well. I don't know if he's hanging with some other Techs on another forum, like rabbit73.

However, he was the first one on TV Fool to post about Televes antennas and amps, if I remember correctly. He lives up in Prescott, AZ and after he installed his Televes Antenna and Amp, he couldn't say enough good things about his reception from the "local" repeaters/towers to the east, and even Phoenix stations coming in clearly as well! He said he had never had a better antenna set up in all his years of OTA viewing. And that's saying a lot coming from him. He's had plenty of technical/installation experience, as I recall.

So that's when I started checking out their antennas and amps and monitoring comments across the Net. As I mentioned, I also contacted Televes back in the Midwest and received good customer service. Here's a link from Lowe's that will give you prices and products:

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=televes

I have tested out one of their antennas and amp at my location and was really impressed. However, I already had Channel Master antennas up and was very satisfied with their performance. So, until I need to make any changes, I'm not going to mess with success, as the old saying goes.

Thanks for sharing a little bit of your OTA viewing from the past. Always interesting to know someone's history. The good old days are looking a lot better to me the further we go into the 21st century. Honestly, not what I had thought it would be! I hope things will turn around. I suppose each of us decides what future we will have, as far as it's up to us.

Also, as things continue to get a lot more expensive, young people as well as the rest of us are going to be looking for cheaper ways to receive information and entertainment. "Free" is still a fairly accurate way to describe OTA TV. Especially in comparison to cable and other pay options.

Anyway, please keep the forum up to date with your amp project. People are interested according to the hits this thread is receiving. And I certainly want to know how you come out.

All the best.....

Last edited by OTAFAN; 19-Mar-2023 at 7:52 AM.
OTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote