View Single Post
Old 20-Dec-2016, 5:56 AM   #19
jerrymc

I should have changed my headline to read "UHF AND H-VHF."

Interesting to note that in colder weather, KABC and KCAL both begin dropping signals. (Even with the RCA preamp)
KABC is the lowest channel frequency out here at 174~180Mhz and KCAL at 186~192Mhz. KTTV and KCOP are good though...

Well, so much for testing for a couple days....we had a MAJOR wind storm Sunday and the pole loosened and spun a few circles, breaking the coax from the RCA input port...

On a note about signal overload; I did remove the dist. amp in the attic, but I lost some signal on some stations. (pixelation)

A few weeks ago I did a couple antenna direct to one TV test. (No preamp, splitters, etc..)
The channels were good during the day, but again, some would drop in the evening, hence I reinstalled the CM7777.

I opened up the CM7777 tonight, but cannot see anything obvious, except for some sloppy solder work...but I need to check the opposite side of the board with a mag glass because my eyes are bad...

Thanks to all. This is great information!

Located in foothills behind Mt. Baldy, and experiencing signal loss and pixelation depending on time of day.
Using RCA rotator motor now to tweak.

Location Radar
jerrymc is offline   Reply With Quote