View Single Post
Old 3-Nov-2015, 4:28 PM   #26
agmccall

Well, I am no better off than before, in fact, worse off.

I got the Wineguard antenna mentioned in this thread as well as the channelmaster preamp. I bought a compass to get the direction right. I hooked everything up and double checked all my connections.

I scanned for channels at one of my rg6 outlets in the house and got no channels at all. So I took the tv to the basement where all the connections come in and removed the line going into my splitter and connected directly to the tv and scanned again.

I ended up getting channels 2-3, 13-1, 13-2, 13-3, 45-1, 45-2

13-1 and 13-2 are basically what I had before, 2-1 and 2-2 except now I am getting the Albany stations instead of the Utica stations. 13-3 is just doppler radar.

I have a couple more channels but, they are unwatchable as they pixelate continuously and I can only get them in the basement directly connected.

Any suggestions..

I went back to my $29.00 RCA antenna (Looks like a Shark Fin) mounted on the east side of my house and picks up the Utica stations, west of me. I would have thought over $200.00 worth of antenna equipment would have at least gotten me decent reception considering the antennas I am pointing at are closer than the ones in Utica

al
agmccall is offline   Reply With Quote