View Single Post
Old 28-Oct-2015, 9:10 PM   #1
billfr

Need help in Columbus OH receiving ABC and PBS stations

My location is: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e0341acade75b

The stations I want to receive are: ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and PBS.
I had professional installers install a Channel Master 4221 in my attic. I have good reception for NBC, CBS and Fox. With ABC and PBS I get interment pixilation / breaking up of the picture. I get this enough that it makes viewing unacceptable.

The installers mounted the antenna is the easiest place in the attic to do so (the part of the attic that has plywood over the rafters and no insulation). The rest of the attic has 14 inches of insulation that cover the rafters and would be difficult to navigate. RG6 cable was used. There is probably 25 ft RG6 cable of connecting the antenna to a TIVO.

The installers aimed the antenna 107 Magnetic North. When I repositioning the antenna to 120 Magnetic North I get ABC with no reception problems, but PBS has a lot of interment pixilation / breaking up of the picture. When I repositioning the antenna to 95 Magnetic North I get PBS with no reception problems, but ABC has a lot of interment pixilation / breaking up of the picture.

Here are my questions:

1. Should the installers have tried more places in the attic to mount the antenna?

2. Is the Channel Master 4221 the correct antenna for my location considering that PBS is 59 Magnetic North and ABC is 156 Magnetic North?

3. Would an omnidirectional antenna like the Winegard MS-2002 mounted in the attic be a better choice?

4. Do I need two antennas?

5. It appears that Fox and ABC come from the same tower. Why can I get a rock solid signal for Fox, but have intermittent problems with ABC?

Can anyone provide me with any guidance? Thanks in advance.
billfr is offline   Reply With Quote