View Single Post
Old 21-Apr-2013, 1:26 PM   #4
Decivox

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleview View Post
So that I can recommend a antenna/s.

What is the apartment building construction??

Wood with wood or vinyl siding and composition asphalt shingles is the best for indoor reception.

The following is a Non Complete list of building construction that will further reduce and block Tv reception.

Concrete , concrete blocks , concrete roof tiles , bricks , rocks , metal siding , metal roof , metal backed insulation , radiant barrier metal backed insulation , metal doors , solar panels , and etc. .

What is the apartment building construction??
The building contstruction is steel, brick, and concrete. I am unsure of the roof - I am on the 4th floor and the building is 15 floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
A small all channel outdoor antenna such as the Winegard HD7000R is ideal if you are able to mount and point it NE with out obstructions in the way.

Depending on the building construction, an indoor antenna may perform well for you. The TERK HDTVi (not the HDTVa) would be a worthy option.
Thanks for the recommendations. I just wanted to add I got my hands on a Wineguard SS-3000 to test indoor reception and I get a few channels. CBC comes in fine, along with a few others of the french channels. OMNI, CTV, and City are really flaky though depending on weather.
Decivox is offline   Reply With Quote