View Single Post
Old 20-Apr-2015, 3:05 PM   #15
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
4.1, 4.2 (WDAF FOX) 5.1 (KCTV) 9.1 and 9.2 (KMBC). That tells me those are airing on VHF low and Hi bands.
No, it doesn't. They are all (now) UHF channels, see below. Originally, they were VHF channels during their analog period.

Quote:
Maybe I'm still confused about the UHF vs VHF bands.
Yes, you are.

Quote:
I thought UHF started at channel 16 while anything below was VHF.
Close, but not quite.

Look in the column under the word 'Real'. That is the channel that the signal is actually being broadcast on. Look under the column labeled "(Virtual)". That is the channel that is displayed on the TV screen and corresponds to the stations original analog channel designation. Most stations broadcast on real channels that are different from the virtual channel. Some are the same. Most of the Kansas city stations have different real and virtual channels. A greater number of the Topeka stations remained on their old analog assignment and have the same real and virtual channels.

Antenna selection is governed by the real channel; the virtual or displayed channel is pretty much ignored when selecting an antenna.

Bands (real channels):

Low-VHF - 2-6
High-VHF - 7-13
UHF - 14-51 (52-69 were sold off to the wireless companies and are no longer used for TV broadcasting)

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 20-Apr-2015 at 3:10 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote