View Single Post
Old 28-Aug-2010, 9:30 PM   #1
Unwired17

Antenna Recommendation for 29708

I am in the process of trying to extricate myself from cable TV. Since we mostly watch network TV I want to pursue OTA and complement with Internet TV. Based on the TVFool map for my address most of the stations are UHF stations within 25 miles. My TVFool report can be found at the following: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9fbe02daf517e5

I have several concerns.
1). Due to HOA restrictions I need to either use an indoor antenna or mount in the attic. I have plenty of space in the attic and I don't have foil insulation or any special roofing material. Roof is typical plywood with asphalt shingles.

2). The Charlotte, NC area has most of the stations and they are mostly located around 330 degrees. But there are some desirable stations located in other nearby towns in the 25 to 50 degree range.

3). One of the desirable stations (WTVI-DT) is a VHF station (Channel 11).

4). My lot has many large trees that extend above my second story roofline.

I think all of the above means I need to use a rotor and need to be able to handle UHF as well as VHF stations. But which antenna best suits the situation for an attic install is not clear.

I would appreciate any and all recommendations as this cable bill is killing me and I can't afford to try a bunch of different products.
Unwired17 is offline   Reply With Quote