View Single Post
Old 23-Apr-2012, 2:38 PM   #7
BCF68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
This is a great forum. I appreciate your quick responses. Thank you all for the input.

It's a house with one TV currently. We might add one in the next few years, but it might be a long time before we have more than two. The frame is wood, the walls are part brick, part wood (masonite), and the roof is composition shingles.

My preference is not to put an antenna on the roof, so I'm opting for an attic installation. There is a good amount of attic space in the southwest side of the house, which has a wood wall. I returned the Terk FDTV2A and ordered an RCA ANT751. Hopefully it's all metal. If part of it is plastic, I'm not sure how it would do in the hot Texas summer. If the antenna alone isn't enough, I'll try a low-gain pre-amp.

By the way, if anyone has a recommendation for a digital TV converter box, please let me know. I bought a Coby DTV102. The brand probably doesn't have the best reputation, but it was all they had at Fry's, which is a major electronics store in Texas and where I bought the first antenna. I don't want to spend more than $40-$50.

Thank you!
With your signal strengths and only needing an antenna for one TV all you need is simple loop antenna with rabbit ears which you get can get for less than $15. Make sure it's not amplified.

Since you go to fry's

http://www.frys.com/product/6640944?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

For the channel 8 station have the rabbit ears parts almost perfectly horizontal and each "ear" extended about 15 inches.

Last edited by BCF68; 23-Apr-2012 at 2:40 PM.
BCF68 is offline   Reply With Quote