View Single Post
Old 31-Mar-2021, 11:23 PM   #1
beebo89

Trying To Make Homemade Antenna For Channel 10

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...90385dcac211d0
All of my local channels are really UHF except for one. It is KLFY 10.1. Also, it is the weakest local channel.
I made a 4 bowtie antenna for UHF and it catches most of my local UHF channels, but not 10.1 on VHF. I made a simple dipole for 10.1, a half inch gap between the elements and a total length of 2 feet 4-13/16 inches. It catches 10.1 about 95 percent of the time.
My antenna is in a window. The antenna needs to face NW, and luckily, the closest window to the tv faces that direction. Any antenna I make will have to fit in a space that is 34" wide, 5' tall, and 4 and a half inches deep.
For better reception on just channel 10, would making more dipole type elements the same length I have give me better reception? Is there a better High VHF build? Maybe get some kind of amplifier?
I would like to have both a VHF and UHF antenna connected at the same time, but I understand that I would need some kind of combiner or diplexer, and I know nothing about that stuff.
Been reading on here a little while, and just joined. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
beebo89 is offline   Reply With Quote