View Single Post
Old 3-Jun-2015, 3:34 PM   #6
Greenish Apple

I live in Belleville and we have two Super Stealth Hawk antennas and a 60 inch dipole for channel 6 CJOH (check DigitalHome.ca) in our attic. The dipole and one SSH are connected to a RCA TVPRAMP1R amp.

Because of the closeness of the two SSH antennas we get CJOH, CKWS and TVO (very strong signal) on the north antenna/TV and CJOH, TVO and Global on the south antenna/TV.

We don't get CHEX. Channel 11 CKWS (Wolfe Island - east) comes in strong but pixelates sometimes. Channel 30 CKWS (Brighton - west) comes in strong. CJOH comes in with some noise on both TVs, but it is better than the poor signal the local cable company gave us before we left them in January. Global comes in strong on the south TV. TVO is solid, I've used a paper clip to get it. During Tropo effects we get stations from Watertown, Rochester and Buffalo.

I've seen several Channel Master 4228HD's around town. One fixed to face west (CBC & Global), two on rotors facing east/Watertown.

I am working on either a Stealth Hawk (single unit) or a Tube version of the Bowtie antenna (after Bouval's 4 bay on DigitalHome) to go on our chimney to face Rochester.

FYI - On August 31 CKWS and CHEX will become CTV affiliates. So we lose CBC and get CTV in pure digital. Though I'll miss it, we weren't watching much CBC.

David
Greenish Apple is offline   Reply With Quote