View Single Post
Old 21-Jan-2013, 7:04 PM   #14
Harrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Your location is severely terrain-blocked. You have a 1000' peak dead in the line of sight to Sutro then a 400' ridge line immediately in front of you. You will find that when signals are blocked by terrain such as this, the available signals might be in various locations (if they're even there). You may have to try multiple antenna mounting locations to see if you can find one that makes enough stations happy to keep the wife happy with the reception. You may also find that you're going to need a larger, high-gain antenna so that you can better deal with the multipath that is assuredly present, so the wife might end up unhappy anyway.
So I have the ClearStreamâ„¢ 2V, and I even raised it another 5 feet in a vain attempt to get more signal. Is this a bad choice of antenna?

Also, I will try different mounting locations, but will it ever be the case where I would point in a radically different direction than the tower? It seems most of my signal comes from 139 degrees. Would I ever try 90 degrees or 200?

Thanks so much.
Harrier is offline   Reply With Quote