View Single Post
Old 18-Oct-2010, 3:10 PM   #4
Bmike
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
It looks like you have plenty of signal to work with so the antenna you chose is fine. Your aim point is good, I don't expect that antenna to be very critical about aiming. In fact it will likely allow reception of strong stations behind it's aim point.

Use RG-6U cable. Home centers sell it with and without connectors. The down side to cable with connectors already installed is that it is impossible to put a weather boot on which is a must have for connections outside - unless you get weather proof cables. Look for a small rubber o-ring inside the connector. I suggest you also put a small amount of dielectric grease inside the connector. Auto parts stores have dielectric grease for moisture proofing ignition systems and bulb sockets.

When you scan for channels be sure that the set is set to antenna mode not cable.

Stay safe on the ladder.
Thanks for the reply, as per your username I guess I should ground the antenna. That is going to be work as my utilities come in underground on the other side of the house. I think the copper ground wire is going to cost more than the antenna.
Bmike is offline   Reply With Quote