View Single Post
Old 16-Feb-2015, 6:50 PM   #5
eden

Performance with C2 vs. DB8e, coordinates

ADTech: I just PMed the coordinates to you. This is based on an Android app and while I was directly below the antenna (currently the C2) I'm not sure if the app is that precise.

rickbb: The terrain 40 miles south of here (south of Greensboro) is very different from here. We have more and larger hills than you do. I can't get the Raleigh stations because I'm on the side of a hill. I am blocked to the east. The WGPX (channels 14 and 47) tower between Reidsville and Gibsonville is no problem for me. Anything further east is blocked. Channel 27 (FOX for Roanoke) is in the pink (roof antenna required) in my analysis and yet I can get it with my C2 indoors. What makes you think I should be doing better than that?

Let me summarize: The C2 picks up the entire Greensboro/Winston-Salem market. The two stations that are weak are in that market and in the pink (roof antenna required) in my signal analysis. The channel I care about most, channel 32 (WUNL, PBS), is deep in the pink, just above the pinkish grey. The TV Fool analysis does indicate that these stations are weak in my area. All I really care about at this point is getting WUNL 100% of the time without sacrificing any other full power Greensboro channels. Roanoke was a nice bonus, but if I can get channels 32, 31, and 35 consistently the money I spent on the DB8e will be well spent.
eden is offline   Reply With Quote