View Single Post
Old 5-Oct-2012, 7:56 PM   #5
thxtheater

I have the antenna rotator....

I have the antenna rotator connected, so it's easy for me to use that to do the aiming.... I'm assuming that I'm still going from the ANTENNA-->PREAMP0--->TV, correct? My Winegard is an amplified antenna and, as I understand it, needs the preamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleview View Post
Quote , "My TV is an older Sony 52" LCD".

That is why I suggested the newer Palsma Tv.

And yes can do the double rescan on both Tv's.

Also the phasing lines are in the matching transformer housing , make sure they are in there correctly and the connections of the matching transformer part of in the housing are making connections with the phasing lines.

Antenna aiming is not supper critical as to getting antenna right on the money as to degrees magnetic compass direction.

As always , the starting aim direction is the -> starting aim direction.

Then the antenna can be turned let and right to find a position that has the best reception.

Do not get your self all twisted up and tangled up with this idea and that idea and some other idea and lose track of what it is you are doing.

What you are doing is , Aim the HD8200U antenna at about 246 degrees magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Connect a NEW long coax to the HD8200U antenna and run the NEW long coax through a open door or window direct to the Tv , do not connect the New long coax to the Tv , remove any and all coaxes that are connected to the Tv.

Scan for Digital Broadcast Tv Channels to clear out the tuner , No antenna connected.

Connect the New long antenna connected coax to the antenna input connection of the the Tv and scan for Digital Broadcast Tv Channels.

What is reception of WNYW FOX like now??
thxtheater is offline   Reply With Quote