View Single Post
Old 5-Oct-2012, 4:59 PM   #3
thxtheater

That's fascinating! I had no idea about the double scan. In addition to doing complete scans, I've only recently started selecting the "add digital channels" option so that I don't rescan everything every time. I will certainly try that. Now, my SONY TV seems to have a better tuner (it was a more expensive set) than the Samsun Plasma (it was a $450 set). Does it make a difference???

I will absolutely double-check the phasing lines. Last I checked, they were not touching, but you never know!!!

Regarding the orientation, I've been using 20.1 as my compass since they told me it's the same tower. What I haven't done is orient 0 degrees on the antenna using my iPhone for true North. So right now i'm 50 degrees off, but I know, obviously, to compensate with simple math.

Now an additional question--if I leave the TV "tuned" to 61.1 and then rotate the antenna after all this, won't it pickup the channel or not necessarily???

Thanks a TON for this advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleview View Post
Disconnect and remove the , preamp , the preamp power supply , the preamp power injector.

Disconnect and remove the MS2000.

Make sure the phasing lines of the HD8200U are connected correctly and not touching the boom as shown at http://www.winegarddirect.com.

Aim the HD8200U antenna at about 246 degree magnetic compass direction , WNYW UHF channel 44 FOX.

Connect a New long coax directly to HD8200U antenna and run the coax through a open window or door , directly to the New Plasma Tv.

Before connecting the One Long Coax that comes from the HD8200U antenna , remove any coax that is connected to the antenna connection on the Tv.

Digital Channels and develop , Digital Glitches.

Simply re scanning will often times not remove the Digital Glitches.

With No coax connected the Tv , You will do what is called a Double Rescan.

With No antenna connected to the Tv , Scan for Digital Broadcast Tv Channels , do not scan for cable Tv channels.

With No antenna connected to the Tv this , Clears Out , the tuner for a fresh scan for channels.

Now connect the antenna coax to the Tv and scan for channels.

If WNYW Fox received now??
thxtheater is offline   Reply With Quote