View Single Post
Old 31-Jul-2013, 7:39 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

The 7694P would be a premium solution that provides plenty of signal power to drive even an 8-way splitter and the cable runs of a large home. (This or similar antennas from other manufactures would be my choice.)

The caution re. the HDB4X lacking support for real channels 2 through 13 is correct. KGO and KNTV may not be received reliably.

Omni antennas offer reception from all directions, a plus... But they also receive interfering reflections (multi-path interference) from all directions. You could try one, YMMV. I generally avoid omni's.

The C2V and HD1080 are compact and cover the channels available to you. I would expect fairly good results if you chose one of these.

The following is my suggestion for a premium solution:

If you want to reliably receive the two groups of signals (NW and E of your location), I would suggest using two separate antennas. A Winegard HD7694P pointed NW and an Antennas Direct DB4e facing east (the HDB4X could be substituted). This link, http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=2882, explains a few ways to make use of separate antenna feeds.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote