View Single Post
Old 27-Sep-2012, 1:15 PM   #1
838joel

Newbie questions - Montreal, QC area

Hi All!
Reading a lot about OTA lately and I have a good idea how it works, but still not an expert!
So I'm located in Montreal, South-West near Atwater market. So I ran this tv signals analysis http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2df944d78c1b70 at 25 feet above ground level (I may be able to go up to 30 feet, but ran it at 25 feet to be on the safe side), and here are my questions:

1- I found on the forum someone asking about the best antenna for near station, and the answer is to go with ANT751, so will this apply for my case?
I found this antenna is a good fit for the size and price.

2- Also from the tv signal analysis, to get the most out of number of channel I have few angle to consider, 340, 165 and 115. Let's say if I want to get only 1 antennas I should aim it at 340, but if I want to get also the other angle I need an antenna for each of them?
I'm good with the idea to get 2 antennas, so what is my best bet, to point on 340 and 165? Does it works this way?

3- That brings me another questions, If I use 2 antennas, I just want 1 cable to go in my TV, so do I need a multiplexer to mix the signal in 1 cable? If so, what so I use...

4- I guess I don't need any amplifier, but should I be concerned about the signal being too strong?

So far, those are the most important questions, but I may ask more later on my way to setup stuff

Thanks for all the help,
Joel
838joel is offline   Reply With Quote