View Single Post
Old 7-Jul-2014, 12:09 AM   #37
kenj66

Hey, Pete. Clever mount, using a male to male barrel connector. However, I would be concerned how to keep the balun box from breaking under stress. Side winds would be a consideration. Some interference with the director, reflector efficiency also seems involved.

I had considered drilling a couple of holes in the U-support and mounting there but weighing the tradeoffs I like getting the preamp out of the weather. I got all desired channels and then some without using the preamp and CBS on channel 39 comes in with it. So, I like that option best. Thanks for calculating the various losses!

Now I'm waiting for the PCT remote power inserter to come.
BTW, setting up the guy wires is a pain. In hind sight this array works so darn well I wish I had settled for just one 4 1/2 mast section which would not have required the guys.

BTW, I was wondering why everyone here but me refers to the Antennas Direct model as 91XG. The AD website refers to it as such. However, the instruction sheet I got says, in more than one place, XG91. I guess nomenclature has changed in 6-9 years.

Last edited by kenj66; 7-Jul-2014 at 12:14 AM.
kenj66 is offline   Reply With Quote