View Single Post
Old 27-Aug-2011, 2:43 PM   #16
Billiam

Richnerd. I'm familiar with the terrain in your area because I may be moving to the Pittsburgh area next year.

The best UHF antenna for this situation would be a Yagi. Most of your signals are 2 edge, not line of sight and the area is prone to severe multipath where the signal will be coming in from two or more directions as it bounces off trees, hills etc. I would not try to a 8 bay like the CM 4228 in that environment. I tried one at my current location which is similar to yours environmentally speaking and it did not fare that well even with the 1 edge signals. In contrast, after I mounted a Antennacraft MXU 59 and Antennas Direct 91XG I got great reception on every UHF channel that is receivable at my location.

I'd recommend the Antennacraft HBU 55 or the Winegard 7698p for your location if you want to use just one antenna for that location. The Winegard will probably give slightly better UHF gain while the Antennacraft should offer slightly better VHF gain for your VHF high signals.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote